2015 Women’s Preview
- AUS Championships 2nd place 59pts (Dalhousie 1st & StFX 3rd)
- AUS Top Finishers: Katie Robinson 5th and Sarah Myatt 11th
- AUS All-Stars: Katie Robinson
- AUS Major Awards: None
- CIS Qualifiers: Katie Robinson 67th
- Returning 2 of 5 scorers from 2014 - Robinson (5th) and Cailie McGuire (14th)
- Also returning Priya Bhutani, Molly Gallibois, Caroline MacIssac, Catherine Tremblay, and Nathalie Cecire.
- Sarah Myatt (11th at AUS Champs)
- Rachel Bennet (13th at AUS Champs)
- Roya Macdonald (16th at AUS Champs)
- Katie Wallace (22nd at AUS Champs)
- Mckenzie Martin
UNB Coaches Tim Randall, Chris Gairns, James Murphy, Bill MacMackin, and Jason Reindl are looking forward to seeing this group of women in action. While there were some significant losses it isn’t to say that it is all negative. Katie Robinson is coming off a summer where she set personal bests in the 800m and 1500m and Cailie McGuire set bests in the 1500m and 3000m. While Robinson and McGuire will be looked at to lead the team on the trails the remaining spots are wide open asking the question of who is prepared to step up and make the performance jumps that this team needs?
The primary goal is to keep the team on the podium. Given the amount of losses that the team faces it will be tough for this group of young women but they are focused and ready for the challenge ahead. Secondary goals also include continuing to qualify athletes to the CIS national championships.
September 12th - Dal/SMU Invitational in Halifax
September 26th - StFX Invitational in Antigonish
October 3rd - AUS/RSEQ Interlock hosted by University de Laval in Quebec City
October 17th - UdeM Invitational in Moncton
October 31st - AUS Championships hosted by STU in Fredericton at Odell Park
November 14th - CIS Championships hosted by University of Guelph in Guelph